Drug addiction and substance abuse, in general, are both serious issues which are definitely not a laughing matter. If you’re loved one is suffering from a drug or alcohol addiction, the turmoil that it can cause in your family can be overwhelming. Consider joining a support group such as Al-anon. If you’re just looking for information to help you cope with the situation, here’s a list supplied by experts in the field of addiction:
One important aspect of behavior modification is associated a certain behavior (drug abuse) with the resultant consequences (legal, financial, health etc). Here’s some further information pertaining to the health consequences of various substances of abuse.
- Harm Reduction – A Safer Way to Do Drugs?
- Bath Salts – What Are the Dangers of Bath Salt Abuse?
- Cocaine – Lesser Known Side Effects of Cocaine
- OTC Drug Abuse – Top 10 Over-the-Counter Drugs Abused by Teens
- Ecstasy – The Hidden Risks Risks of Ecstasy
- Alcohol – The Health Consequences of Drinking Alcohol & How Alcohol Affects Your Brain
- Rehab – 10 Reasons Addicts Fear Rehab & The Kindling Effect of Addiction
- Addiction – The Toll of Addiction & 4 Tips for Quitting any Addiction
- Workplace – How Prevalent Is Drug Use in the Workplace?
- Top 10 Signs of Drug Addiction